Conroe DWI Attorney

If it’s late at night and you have left a bar or restaurant, the police are looking for you! Police officers are trained to stake out in certain locations and look for people who have been drinking and who decided to drive.

If you are pulled over and you have been drinking keep these things in mind. First, always be polite! Becoming angry with the police officer will only lead to more harassment. Offending the police is the best way to ensure you spend the night in the jail and not in your own bed. Second, always refuse their tests! Officers are trained to use Standardized Field Sobriety Tests. These agility tests are difficult to perform no matter your age, health or condition. The police ask citizens to perform these tests on the side of the road in environments that guarantee you will fail the tests! Third, demand to speak to a lawyer! If an officer is asking you questions on the side of the road, he is trying to trip you up. He is trying to find out if you did anything wrong. You need the help of an experienced lawyer who knows their tricks.

George Napier has attended the same conferences where the State trains it’s police officers. He has sat next to DPS Troopers and Sheriff’s Deputies as they learned how to investigate DWI. George has the experience and training you need to successfully defend you against DWI.

Occupational Driver’s License Information

Your driver’s license can be suspended for a number of reasons. One reason is if you refuse to provide a breath or a blood sample during a DWI investigation. Even if you do provide a sample but it comes back over a 0.08 BAC then your license will still be suspended. The suspension does not come from the criminal court system, but it comes from the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). You can a request a hearing on this suspension. You MUST request the hearing within 15 days of the refusal. To request a hearing, click here to following link and submit the form:

Your driver’s license can also be suspended if you are convicted of a drug related offense or if you are convicted of DWI. In all cases you can apply for an Occupational Driver’s License (ODL). This will allow you to drive during work hours and in order to take care of dependents. You must apply for this license and only a Judge can grant it to you. Contact us today and get started on your Occupational Driver’s License.